Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Successful Relationship






Do you believe in love at first sight? What are the secrets of a long lasting relationship with your love ones? How do you know that she/he is the one for you?

I am currently in my new relationship and I know from the start that she is the one I have been looking for. If I have a list for my perfect “Prince Charming”, she would have it but not all of it (coz no one is perfect) lol.

I know that relationship should be based in two things: a) physical attraction and b) emotional/mental attraction. Am I right? Well my past relationships are different because I intend to settle in one category, which is emotional and mental. I didn’t really care about the look as much as what’s the inside. I know I did the right thing about picking emotional and mental because my relationships lasted 4 and 5 years. Now I changed different direction, I told myself after my last relationship that I would high standard than before.

This year was the best year for me. I got out on a very traumatizing relationship but also I met the most amazing woman in this planet and that woman is my girlfriend Rachel.

10 comments:

  1. physical attraction is not always on the list with falling in love. i mean look at beauty and the beast; beauty fell in love with an ugly monster but cared for him dearly because of his kindness and love. however, in reality, that is not always the case, of course. attraction for the a partner is mostly concentrated on the other person's personality and attributes and that's what makes a long lasting relationship. looks would come in second because i've seen some people (good looking) be with this weird looking person (who's ok looking or has a feature about them that is off) , but has been with each other forever.
    however, i'm glad that you have found someone that has made your heart burst and makes you feel all gooey-mushy inside. good luck! don't scare her away lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can feel you on the physical attraction thing. But I would halfto agree with snmam about physical looks being second. It is nice to have someone who looks good. But I feel a good long lasting relationship should be based on compromise. Meaning being able to deal with anything together that may be a bump in the relationship. For instance instead of arguing through a disagreement, being able to come to conclusions together is much easier than arguing over who's right and who's wrong.
    Being compassionate and loving first i feel is the best bet.
    Congradulations on your new love and best of wishes to your future together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe in the saying that LOVE is blind. I get what you are saying about the mental/emotional/physical connection. Obviously, the importance of those varies from person to person. Looks might be more significant for you.. as emotional/mental is for me. None the less, I think in the end, we all let go of whatever standards and expectations we have when we fall inlove. You just get consumed by it.. and it leaves you blind. Congratulations on being inlove. Goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well obviously I think you have to be attracted to the person. It's kinda like the "hook" ya know? Like, "Wow, they look really good!" And then you have to get to know them, and I think that's where the important part is cuz they could look really good, but just have a horrible personality that totally turns you off. So glad you're happy, eggroll! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was younger I believed in love at first sight, though "sight" to me wasn't necessarily about how a person looked. More like, the first impression you got of a person. This belief has dwindled a bit as I got older as many of my friends told me it was too idealistic to think you could know a person was The One so soon after meeting them. However, couples like you and Rachel and some of my other friends have proven that you could meet someone and know in a very short time that he/she was the one you've been looking for all along. So congrats and thanks for the renewed hope! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you very much snmam. What is snmam stands for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. snmam: s = my first name; n= last name; mam= my husband's last name.

    ReplyDelete